Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Day in the Kitchen

Literally!  I spent a whole day in my kitchen!  Thursday was a wild day.  Because I got the bug on Wednesday, I decided there was no point in procrastinating on Thursday.  I got up and by 9am I had baked all the cookies for my homemade Oreos.  After that I made some killer Peanut Butter Butterscotch sqares and followed those up with a batch of my husbands Grandpa's homemade granola (yum!).  When the granola came out of the oven I decided I needed one more thing...Banana Chocolate Chip Bread.  By the time the banana bread came out of the oven, it was 3 o'clock and school was out.  I couldn't believe it...I'd truly spent the day in my kitchen...and there were plenty of dishes to show for it.  Yesterday I tried a modified recipe for Orange Cranberry muffins.  I wasn't really thrilled with the result of those...they were a little dry.  I threw them in the freezer and have decided to work out some kind of orange glaze to put on them.  We'll see if that works or not.  It was too bad they were dry because they smelled fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment