Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas is Coming

I had a horrible realization this morning as I was doing my daughter's hair before school...one month until Christmas Eve!!!  Where has the time gone and why is my baking not done.  (Surely typing on my computer isn't going to help my baking get done but here I sit anyways).  I think the tricky part for me about Christmas baking is how much to bake and what will I be left with when the kids go back to school.  This year I plan on my regular recipes with a few new ones as well.  I made an attempt at Wellington Squares yesterday.  They look delish...I've never made them before but have always enjoyed them when I've tasted them elsewhere.  Let's be real, with shortbread, caramel and chocolate, what could go wrong?!?!!?

There will be the usual nuts and bolts along with lots of different cookies.  My m-i-l and I will work on Gingerbread Houses with the kids--I wonder if they'll finish eating them this year or not?  With Christmas comes company and I like to have some things to pull out at the last minute (or make it look like I can do that).  The Greek Bread will be made as we will go through a loaf of that a day (probably need to make a double batch of it) and likely sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.  How I love the smells that come from the kitchen during the Christmas Season.  To me, it makes everything a little merrier and a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment