Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cookies for Santa

So I've been wanting to try a recipe for several months that I found online.  They are for a batch of cookies called Brownie Pillow Cookies.  This blog has given me the excuse to give them a try!  And, I must say that they are divine!  It's like someone came along and said..."Hmmm, this brownie sure is missing something.  I guess I'll have a cookie.  Nope, the cookie is missing something too...better add a brownie to it!"  The are a match made in heaven.  I'm sorry for those of you watching your wastelines but this is not a "Light" recipe.  But it is delish...and I bet your kids would like to share them with Santa on Christmas Eve!  The recipe will be on the left and I'll do the "How To.."  Here.  :-)


Make Brownies and let cool completely.  Cut in about 1 inch squares. 


**Important**Let this dough chill for at least an hour in the fridge.  I chilled mine overnight.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 
Now the fun part!!


Measure out about 1/2 cup (yes...half a cup) cookie dough and buddy it up with a 1 inch (approx) brownie.
Place the brownie top down in the cookie dough and work dough around the brownie until it's gone...not gone...just hiding and completely covered in cookie dough.  Who wouldn't want a cookie blanket?!? 

You will be able to fit 6 cookies on a regular cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.

Let sit on cookie sheet a few minutes and then move to cookie rack.  When you split your cookie in half, you'll find your brownie pillow.  Let me know what you think! 

1 comment: