Thursday, November 18, 2010

So here it is...

I have a dear friend who has been insisting that I blog.  You see, I have an addiction.  That addiction is my kitchen and all things that are produced therein.  Unfortunately that addiction has led to sharing treats with friends and neighbors, school teachers, and staff at my husbands work.  My addiction has somewhat led to the food addictions of others.  I've been encouraged to open a bakery, to start my own e-business, and now to start blogging about what comes out of my kitchen...so here it is.

In a given month I can usually be found in my kitchen baking cakes, cookies, "Sin"-a-mon buns, and other various muffins and snacks.  Come Christmas, I spend hours with my m-i-l working on our hand dipped chocolates.  Yesterday for example, we spent around 5 and half hours making the fondant from scratch.  We're doing some of the old favorites as well as trying something new.  This year will be peppermint patties, coconut creams, maple walnut, turtles, turkish delights, truffles, olympian creams, white chocolate candycane bark, and -for the first time- dipped nougat filling.  We, on average, dip 3000 chocolates a year and they are delicious.  The vast majority of these are given as gifts--some people think I'm nuts for just giving them away--the rest are kept for my family to enjoy...and we DO enjoy them.  Everyone seems to have a favorite.  I wish I knew who liked what exactly and then maybe I could rule out making one kind or another.  My husband jokes that if I were to decide to quit making them, he may have an uprising at work and lose his job.  I sure hope he's kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment