Friday, March 18, 2011

Top O' The Mornin' to Ya!

A Leprechaun from me to you!!!
So yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and, as usual, I had to have a little fun.  In years past I have done everything from Green Shake and Bake chicken to Green Tuna Fish Sandwiches (-and yes, those sandwiches went to school with my kids...).  As we were having our missionaries for dinner this year, I decided to do something different.  For those of you who don't know, there are grocery stores that will color baked goods for you (Sobey's here).  I wouldn't have known it was possible except for my neighbor letting me know she ordered orange ones at Halloween).  I ordered large bread bowls for soup in green...I must say, they were a little scary looking at first but once you cut them open, they were a lovely mint green.  I made some homemade broccoli soup to go in them and served that with a Caesar salad.  I also served Grassy Green Punch as a beverage.  I must say that most of my fun came from the creations I made for dessert.




Rainbow cupcakes were on the menu with a pot of gold and a bunch of leprechauns.  The kids and the missionaries loved it.  (The missionaries even took pictures--which was totally unnecessary but flattering)



Check other parts of my blog for recipes for your next St. Patrick's Day Celebration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment